I had a friend ask on Facebook today where a good “spiritual gift inventory” was. This got me thinking. How many people don’t know what their spiritual gifts are — therefore they don’t know where they can plug in at church or in their community? (You should check out my friends blog if you have time: THINKING OUT LOUD) Here is a way to take a test and figure it out easily : )
This inventory contains 125 questions and will take 20-45 minutes to complete, so please allow adequate time to answer all questions before beginning.
1. Pray. Ask God to guide you with a clear mind and an open heart. Ask God to help you be honest with yourself and Him through this exercise. Remember that this is a spiritual exercise to help equip you to better serve God according to His will.
2. According to the scale below, select the response that best describes or characterizes yourself. Record your answers on the answer sheet provided. DO NOT answer according to what you think should be true, but based on actual past experience. Do not leave any answers blank.
0 – Not at all characteristic of me/definitely not true for me.
1 – Occasionally characteristic of me/true for me–about 25% of the time.
2 – Sometimes characteristic of me/true for me–about 50% of the time.
3 – Usually characteristic of me/true for me–about 75% of the time.
4 – Highly characteristic of me/definitely true for me.
3. Answer each item as quickly, honestly, and accurately as possible. If you dwell too long on a particular question, you are less likely to answer it with complete honesty.
4. When you finish filling in the questionnaire answers sheet, calculate your score and record the results.
5. Seek further understanding of the spiritual gifts God has given you by reading the definitions provided, related scripture passages, and consider reading Your Spiritual Gifts Can Help Your Church Grow by C. Peter Wagner, as well as other spiritual gifts materials.